Our committees include the Executive Committee, ANZDATA Advisory Committee, clinical themed Working Groups and Registry Operations & Secretariat.
- Leads the Registry’s strategic direction
- Ensure compliance with policies and fulfillment of statutory responsibilities
- Supports the function of working groups
ANZDATA Advisory Committee
The ANZDATA Advisory Committee provides advice and guidance to the Executive about activities of the Registry. It has a particular focus on clinical matters and relationships with clinical stakeholders, including a close relationship with the Australian and New Zealand Society of Nephrology (ANZSN), the Renal Society of Australasia (RSA) and the New Zealand National Renal Adviosry Board (NRAB).
The primary responsibilities of the ANZDATA Advisory Committee are to advise on matters and provide strategic input regarding:
- Data collection, including frequency, quantity, quality and type of data collected as well as methods of collection
- Dissemination of information from the Registry (including reports and other publications)
- Release of data from the Registry to contributors, government, industry and others seeking access to the database
- Function and membership of the various working groups
- Relationships with clinical stakeholders and contributors
The Advisory Committee will comprise the following members:
- The Chairperson; appointed by the ANZDATA Executive for a period of 3 years
- The Deputy Chairperson (and Chair elect); appointed by the ANZDATA Executive for a period of 3 years
- Members of ANZDATA Executive (Executive Officer, Deputy Executive Officer, Editor, Registry General Manager)
- Convenors of ANZDATA working groups
- Representatives from contributing Renal Units including:
- four (4) “general” members from contributing units (including at least one member from New Zealand) and
- two (2) consumer representatives, from the ANZDATA consumer advisory board(s)*
- Representatives (or proxies) from:
- Kidney Health Australia – Clinical Director or Delegate
- Australia and New Zealand Society of Nephrology (ANZSN) – President or Council Member
- Renal Society of Australasia (RSA) – nominated by RSA from EOI
- General Members of contributing units will be chosen by the ANZDATA Executive, based on an Expression of Interest (EOI), circulated as a minimum through Heads of Units, ANZSN, RSA and KHA.
- Membership for general members and working group heads will be for 3 years, with an option to be extended to a second 3-year term in any given role.
- Selection of nominee(s) will be based on standing in the nephrological community, skill set, productivity, ability to work with others and diversity (noting one of the aims is to provide a broad range or perspectives).
- The Chair and Deputy Chair will be members of the ANZDATA Executive
There are at least four meetings each year, held on a quarterly basis. It is expected members attend a minimum of 3 meetings each calendar year. A quorum for a meeting shall comprise of 10 members.
Standing agenda items include:
- Welcome, Apologies, Acknowledgement of Country and Maori Welcome
- Acceptance of Previous Minutes and Action Items
- Report from ANZDATA Executive
- Reports from Working Groups
- Update from Kidney Health Australia
- Data Governance & Management Issues
- Strategic Directions